Wednesday, July 18, 2012

the massacre

On our wedding day,
I pledged you,
I committed to you,
I promised you.


I lied. 
I failed.
I broke the promise.
I broke the pledge. 
I committed adultery.

I broke you.
I watch you bleed.
I took your life. 
I took your love.
I took your worship.

I gave you away.
I gave us away.

I’m in your debt. 
May my life be yours.
Take me.
Mold me.
Make me.
Cleanse me.
Restore to me the one I once cherished.

Restore the love
Restore me
Restore the love
Restore me

I realize the abomination I gave our commitment
I understand my mistakes
You are the constant in my life
Whom I will always love

I still believe in a marriage with you
I have reaffirmed my commitment to you

Please, for the love of all that is beautiful
Please, for the love of life
Please, for the love of our children
Please.......

No comments: