Tuesday, March 17, 2009

the song in my ears

Things that I can normally handle lately I have not been able to handle so well.

My ears ring all the time, sometimes they change pitch but I can’t get the ringing to stop. It bugs me to no end that for 5 years now I have not heard a moment of silence. For most you can turn off the TV, get into bed and hear pure nothing (well maybe your spouse snoring)…not me I hear a ringing or humming tone. Not just any tone, the type when they give you a hearing test tone but it is not a beep it is constant.

This condition was blessed to me on a trip home from a girl’s weekend. And as far as I can see in my little finite life God is allowing me to continue with this. I know all who read this think that it is no big deal but believe me it becomes one when you have a headache or all you have heard all day is noise, noise, noise, but all you want to hear is nothing. I want to hear silence, I want to lay down in my bed close my eyes and hear just the wind blowing through the bushes and scratching them on my window. I want to be able to enjoy little noises rather then noises having to be louder then the ringing in my ears.

But for now I will sit hear and listen to the songs in my ears!.

No comments: